Monday, April 14, 2008

Ah, the distance of the mind from the page is vast, and greater yet is the distance from my hands to yours. Life calls me away in multiple directions, and yet all in one direction irresistably, and I find myself with more and more difficulty communicating. My friends and family have heard little of me, I've missed my social dancing for the past few weeks, and my birthday well-wishes on facebook. I've been far from blogger and livejournal as well, though I've managed a paper journal entry here and there.

The dreams return, and the conversations with animals personified (if that is a fitting word for reflections of aspects of my personality) have continued. They do not go on as though I had not left off, for before, I was full of momentum and energy and hope, and now I am weighed down and discouraged and tired, despite the encouraging progress I make in Real life.

I'm a dance teacher now, in a real studio, Wilson's Dance Sport. I'm loving it, though I need to put in more work. I'm teaching students faster than I'm learning the procedures with which the studio would have me teach [laughs]. But I have a partner in a friend named Jessica, and while it lasts, for no one knows the future and she hears a distant calling, I'm getting professional choreography as well. I don't know what the future holds in my own dancing, but at least I'm making money doing it, and I'm full of hope. The only negative is that it keeps me tired, and I don't go social dancing as often, but I've always enjoyed learning, and I spent too long not learning, so I'll balance them back the other way eventually. For now, this is what I need.

I'm still at the restaurant, Mattison's City Grille, as a day-time waiter. My connections made through this service continue to grow. I wait on a party the first and third saturday mornings, and not only do I get free advertisement for myself as a dance teacher, but also the videographer invited me to auditions for a film he's working on. It went very well, and I look forward to being in a Film Festival length film (as a bit part in one, if not the lead in this other). As the Lord wills it!

Blogger, I must go. Au revoir, until again. Be well in your own lives, and though I may not respond, I read my emails. [smiles] See you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home