Monday, August 22, 2022

Daily Journal - Back into it

 Hello Blog,

You have kept safe many journal entries over the years.  I suppose this is the best place for me to sit down and journal now.  I'm telling my Creative Writing students that we need to have a daily habit of writing, that it is the one thing that almost all writers agree leads to success.  Well, I don't have it, and I should be modeling for my students.  So I'm going to write about 10 minutes per day, and stop myself, so I can show them how much it is to write for 10 minutes.

I'm currently listening to "Miracles" by Two Steps from Hell, an amazing instrumental group that makes a lot of movie scores.  I've been binging them a lot more than my other people like Two Cellos, Break of Reality, or Vienna Teng.

I don't really know what to write about.  I'm so out of the habit!  I saw my last post was in response to the Men's Retreat a year ago.  The next one is coming up, but I'm wait-listed.  Tessa and I both thought the other person had signed me up.  [sighs]  If I can get a couple more people interested, we found a place that's very price affordable, but if not, I'll just miss out.  It's a beautiful retreat at Lake Lure, NC.  The housing is whatever; the kayaking is the big draw!  And of course, fellowship with other guys from church that I don't hang out with regularly at all.  I had three people ask if I was coming!  And I still failed [shakes his head].  But I got some amazing writing and praying done last year.  I really hope I can go.

I only have 3 more minutes to finish 10 minutes of writing.  I can do it!  But my neck is killing me.  I'm not sure why, but my neck has been hurting on the right side in a weird way.  I need to examine my bed and stuff and see what's going on.  I'm taking care of my sinuses, finally (and with surgery in the not-too-distant future), but I really really don't want my back pain to return.

I made it to 9 1/2 minutes.  I'll put a title on this and call it a day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home